he Minister of Children and Youth Services has released the locations of her community consultations on a poverty reduction strategy for Ontario. The scheduled dates are:
- Peterborough, May 5
- Cobourg, May 6
- Ottawa, May 9
- Hamilton, May 12
- Windsor, May 21
- London, May 23, 10 AM to 1 PM (NB- changed from May 20)
- Sudbury, May 26, 2 PM to 5 PM
- York Region – June 3rd, 5 – 8 pm, Markham Village Community Centre.
- Peel Region – June 6th, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM, Chris Gibson Community Centre
- Kingston – June 9th, 12 – 3 PM (Kingston City Hall)
- Toronto, East Side – June 10th, 5 – 8 PM (Cedarbrook Community Centre).
- Thunder Bay – June 16th, 12 – 3 PM, (location TBD)
- Toronto, West Side – June 18th, (location TBD)
- Kitchener-Waterloo – June 19th, 1-4 PM (Lion’s Arean, 20 Rittenhouse Road)
The Minister is also encouraging MPPs to participate in additional community consultations in communities not listed above and to invite the participation of her colleagues on the Cabinet Committee on Poverty Reduction.
Further information will be posted here as it becomes available as well as the plans of the provincial organizations working on a poverty reduction strategy for Ontario on how to participate in the consultation process.